As we know that there are two possible ways for making Linksys extender setup re6500. First method is using web utility http //extender.linksys.com that will be used after connecting your Linksys WiFi extender with computer system you are using and the second method is using WPS configurations.
WPS is also known as “WiFi Protected Setups” and using WPS configurations you will able to add Linksys extender setup re6500 without making use of http //extender.linksys.com web address. You will just need to press the WPS button for both network router and WiFi extender device. Do not worry, we are going to discuss the WPS setup for Linksys extender re6500 in detail. Have a look at the steps you will need to follow.
- At first step you will need to press the WPS button located at your router. before you press WPS button at your home router make sure that your router is receiving the power supply using the power adapter.
- After that, you will need to press the WPS button located at your Linksys re6500 WiFi extender. Make sure that you will press the WPS button within two minutes.
Moreover that, you can also make use of WPS PIN if your device is having WPS Personal Identification Number with it. Here are the steps you will need to follow if you want to setup Linksys extender re6500 using WPS PIN.
- Make use of http //extender.linksys.com web address and access Linksys Extender configurations page.
- Fill the login details for your Linksys WiFi extender setup page. You will need to fill the user name and password there.
- After login to Linksys Extender re 6500 setup page choose “WiFi Protected Setup” under “Wireless”.
- You will need to fill the WPS PIN for the client device and click on “Register” option.
You Linksys WiFi extender and home router both are connected successfully. You can now place your Linksys WiFi extender at any desire location. Make sure to place the WiFi extender device at a location where you are facing the dead zones.