If you are using Linksys WiFi ac1200 WiFi extender for your home network you will need to make sure that you are setting up your Linksys WiFi extender in an accurate way. We are going to explain the steps you will need to follow for Linksys extender setup ac1200.
Either you can go for WPS configurations for settings up ac1200 WiFi extender you can also use web based utility for making basic configurations for your device.
Here are the Steps for using Browser Based Setup for Linksys WiFi ac 1200 Extender Configurations
- First of all you will need to connect the external antennas for your Linksys WiFi extender and then you can go for further steps.
- Choose a middle location between you network router and WiFi devices that will access the WiFi signals from your ac1200 WiFi booster setup. Place your WiFi extender at that location and go for next step.
- Provide power supply to your ac1200 WiFi extender and the moment your provide power supply to your device, you will notice that the status LED will go solid green.
- Now you will an Ethernet cable for making cable connections between your Linksys ac1200 WiFi extender and the computer system you are going to use for the WiFi setup.
- After connecting your WiFi booster device with computer system, open web browser at your computer system and access http //extender.linksys.com web address.
- Once you access http //extender.linksys.com web based utility you will need click on “Start” button and go for the next steps.
- You have to be agree for the “License” window.
- Click on the “refresh” button so that you can find the network you will need to connect with. You can also add network name and password manually.
- You can also use “Spot Finder” technique for finding the best location so your device can receive the WiFi signals at it’s best.
- Now you can enter the password for accessing your WiFi network and click on “Next” option.
- You can create a secure password for accessing your Linksys WiFi extender ac1200. Make sure to get a hard to guess password for your device.
Linksys extender setup for ac1200 device is now completed and you can place your WiFi booster at the location you are getting dead zone issues. http //extender.linksys.com is the default address you use for making configurations for your Linksys WiFi extender. Make sure that you are using this address accurately otherwise you will get issues later.