After making configurations for your Linksys WiFi extender you will need to make sure that your Linksys WiFi extender is reflecting the correct settings and configurations. You can check the current status for your Linksys WiFi extender only after accessing the Linksys range extender setup page. Here are the steps for checking the current status for your Linksys WiFi Extender.
- Using the web browser you will need to access http //extender.linksys.com setup page.
- You can use the default login default if you are just making access for your Linksys WiFi extender after making the basic configurations.
- From the left side navigation bar you can find “Device Info” option.
- You will need to cross check the subnet mask and default gateway from the “Network Address” bar. // Linksys range extender setup
- Make sure that all settings are same as the network router you are using.
- Click on “WAN Statics” option under status option.
- Make sure that the SSID name for both Linksys WiFi extender and router should be same.
If the SSID for network router and Linksys Extender are different you will face issues like your WiFi extender is unable to broadcast the SSID to the network.