You must update firmware file for Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender and all other Linksys devices. Updating the firmware for WiFi extender will make sure that your device will work smoothly in future without any kind of issues. We are going to explain the simple steps for updating the Firmware for your Linksys WiFi extender in a very easy way.
Here are the Steps for Updating Firmware for Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender
- First of all, you will need to access Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender setup page. http://extender.linksys.com is the default address for accessing the setup page for your WiFi extender device.
- Under the “Administration” you can find “Firmware Upgrade” option for your Linksys WiFi extender.
- If you want to update Firmware for your Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender device automatically, you can choose that option. Once you press automatic firmware update option for your device, Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender will start searching for the device updates.
- If your device detect the firmware, you can select “Update Now” option and your device firmware will be updated automatically.
- If you want to update firmware for your Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender device using the manual setup, you will need to choose the firmware file. You can download the firmware for your Linksys RE7000 WiFi Extender from the official website.
- Select the file and click on “open” button.
- After that you will need to click on the “save” button.
- You will need to click on “Start Upgrade” option so you can start the firmware update option. You must make sure not to disturb the firmware for your Linksys WiFi extender.