No doubt you will receive a setup CD with your Linksys RE6400 AC1200 WiFi extender device and you can use that CD if you want to setup your device for the advance settings. But, if in any case, you have lost the configuration CD for Linksys RE6400 AC1200 WiFi extender device, you can configure your device using the wired connections. Ethernet cable will be used for setting up the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 WiFi extender and computer system together.
Here are the Steps for Manual Setting Up Linksys RE6400 AC1200 WiFi Extender using Ethernet Cable
- Connect your Linksys WiFi extender and computer system together using the Ethernet cable.
- Open the web browser and access the login page for http //extender.linksys.com setup.
- After filling the user name and password for your device, you will need to click on the “OK” button.
- Under “Wireless” settings, go for “Basic Wireless Settings”.
- Select the radio button to the “Manual” option.
- Enter the SSID or the network name for your WiFi device. Now, you must make sure that you have the SSID and password ready for your device.
- You can also select the security type for your device you want to go for.
- You will ask for the password for your Linksys WiFi extruder setup page. Make sure to fill the correct password for your device.
- After making all these settings you can click on the “Save Settings” option and save all the settings you have made.
You must get ready the SSID and the access password so that you can access the configurations for your device at the moment and enjoy manual configurations for your Linksys WiFi extender setup page.