Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender can be configured using setup CD or you can also go for manual setup option. By “Manual Setup” we means, you will need to configure each possible settings using the steps we are going to explain below. SSID and the password for your WiFi network are the two things you will need to know if you want to go for manual configurations for Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender device.
Manual Configurations for Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender
- First of all, you will need to reset your Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender device. “reset” button is located at the backside of your device so you can press and hold that button for few seconds and your device will be reset to default settings.
- Connect your Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender with the laptop you will need for the configurations.
- Connections between your WiFi extender and laptop can be make using the Ethernet cable.
- Using the web browser you will need to access the login page for your device. http //extender.linksys.com is the default address that is used to making access for linksys extender setup ac1200 or linksys extender setup re 6700 page.
- Fill the user name and password for your device and you can make access for the configuration page. Now, because you have reset your device to the default settings, you can enter the default login user name and password and proceed for the next steps.
- Under “Wireless” option select “Basic Wireless Settings”.
- You will need to choose the “Manual” option from the given fields.
- Select the security type you want to reflect on your device.
- After that fill the password for your device.
- There are 3 or 4 possible security options and you can choose one of them.
- After making these manual configurations you can click on “save” button so you can save all the settings you have made.
These are the simple and easy to follow steps for configuring your Linksys WiFi extender using manual configurations.